Monday, July 19, 2010

Are You Having Fun Yet? ...



Now that summer is in full swing, inspiration is all around us! And so, I believe this is the perfect time to use our summer excitement to catapult our creativity... Need a gentle nudge?

Here's a great way to get the creative juices flowing:

Whether you've been away this summer, or have been having fun at home, choose your favorite moment so far, and write a poem about it. Remember that there is still plenty of summer left to create more magical moments! Perhaps you can use that anticipation to write a poem about an upcoming event ... Also keep in mind the fact that poems do NOT have to rhyme.

You know that I LOVE it when you share your poems and stories with me.

With that in mind, I wrote this poem that I'm sharing with you about my recent trip to Oglebay:



My favorite Oglebay Moment …


There’s too many to choose!

I can’t pick just one … I refuse!

So, I wrote this poem to give you a feel

Of a heaven on earth that is oh, so real:

Quiet mornings were spent on the balcony
While birds performed a symphony.

Flowers and trees were in full bloom
Then we returned to a peaceful room.

My ‘work’ was doing workshops with budding poets,
They LOVE ‘Color My World’ don’t you know it?

What an opportunity to teach and share wit,
And I’m grateful for the chance to relax a bit.

We enjoyed soothing massages in their tranquil spa,
Oglebay certainly has something for all!

While I worked, my hubby took a Segway tour.
He had a blast, that’s for sure!

We dined on sumptuous meals with a panoramic view.
And witnessed two beautiful weddings, too.

After a vigorous workout in the gym,
We relaxed in the sauna, then off for a swim.

We walked along nature trails and around the pond,
It’s as though Mother Nature waved her wand.

There were mountains in the distance and a cozy lake,
No better place for a well-deserved break.

Off in the distance, we heard a golfer cry “Fore!”
On our way to the museum and to do shopping galore.

With all that we did, there’s way more left undone,
So, we’re returning soon to scoop up more Oglebay fun!

Meanwhile, I end this poem with a question, though;
There is one thing I’ve got to know …

The director of every fun-filled fiesta
Never seems to get a siesta!

Anne is there, working night and day,
And her enthusiasm doesn’t ever sway.

It’s obvious that her goal is to ensure a good time
But Anne, you’ve GOT to rest sometime!

It seems that you never get to sleep.
When is it YOUR turn to count sheep?

You are certainly the most gracious hostess
Who delivers the absolute mostess!

Your guests are filled with appreciation,
Because you exceed the highest expectation.

So, Anne, my hat is off to you,
For the heart-felt job that you do!



I hope my friends and fans get a chance to visit Oglebay sometime soon! Meanwhile, thanks for being part of 'Color My World' and remember to click on over to my website for more fun and inspiration!

As always, whatever you do, do it creatively and authentically ...

Enjoy the magic~
;-Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment